Torque Wrench Adapter Calculator
This Torque Wrench Adapter Calculator is for determining the proper torque wrench setting with an offset adapter. When an adapter is offset from the square drive of a torque wrench, the torque wrench setting should be calculated to account for the offset. This is because the offset adds or subtracts from the length of the torque wrench to the fastener.
1. Enter angle A from 0 to 180 degrees.*
2. Enter offset E from the center of the torque wrench square drive to the center of the fastener.**
3. Enter length L from the center of the torque wrench square drive to the center of the handle.**
4. Enter torque D, the desired torque to be applied to the fastener.***
5. Click Calculate to get the torque wrench setting adjusted for the offset adapter.
Set Torque Wrench To:
* 0 degrees is parallel to the torque wrench with the adapter pointing away from the handle, 180 degrees is parallel to the torque wrench with the adapter pointing toward the handle.
** Offset E and length L can be in inch or metric units as long as the same unit is used for both.
*** Torque D to be applied to the fastener can be any unit of torque. If Ft.Lbs. are entered, Ft.Lbs. will be returned as the torque wrench setting. If Nm is entered, Nm will be returned, etc.
More Torque Specs. Metric bolt torque, inch bolt torque, torque conversion, and more handy Torque 'Shop Aides'.
Note: Calculating torque with an offset adapter has variables to consider beyond the scope of a calculator due to human error. Therefore, it is the users responsibility to verify that the calculated results meet their requirements before using them.